What Happened to Our Schools?
Christians are exiting New Mexico Public Schools en masse, including ABQ and Santa Fe schools. We know of several Bible-believing teachers who have just resigned, administrative staff who are looking for new jobs, and many families looking for options available to them outside the public school system.
Why? Here are a few reasons.
1. The removal of parents’ rights.
The last legislative session produced three bills that take away parental rights to their child at school. This is one reason the Referendum Project has gained widespread support. There are six laws under referendum, but these affect the public schools and parental rights:
- HB 7: Reproductive and Gender-Affirming Healthcare Freedom Act
- SB 397: School-Based Health Centers
- SB 13: Reproductive Health Provider Protections
2. The increase in indoctrination and decrease in academics.
New NM School Board members were recently directed to consider parental rights relinquished in the schools. Here’s some of what is being taught behind closed doors.
- K-12 sex education by Planned Parenthood
- K-12 LGBTQ & Transgender ideology (see APS policies)
- Critical Race Theory
3. The general lack of corrective action.
We should be able to trust our schools to provide academic instruction and a healthy environment. Instead, these behaviors are common on school campuses:
This opens a door for churches to help the community.
Our next email will introduce 3 options for churches who want to help families beginning the journey of teaching their children.