NM Pastors' Prayer Initiative
Leaving the Public Schools?
We're here to help!
Sarah Smith's : Includes legal info for pulling kids out of school, curriculum options and other resources.
Homeschool FB Groups
Here are some of the homeschool groups I know of for NM:
- Home Educators in Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1012817028807040
- Albuquerque Homeschool Resource List: https://www.facebook.com/groups/418081578253435
- Homeschooling in NM: https://www.facebook.com/groups/351381014948413
- NM Homeschool Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/500373640000855
- Project Inspire Homeschool Community (NOT NM specific, but I own this group) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/195911997478271
There are many more homeschool groups and co-ops all across the state.
Homeschooling 101 Videos
- Homeschoolers and Socialization
- For New or Struggling Homeschoolers: Deschool for Homeschool Success
- Curriculum is Less Important Than You Think in Homeschooling
Homeschooling Articles on My Blog
- How to Create a Sustainable, Joyful Homeschool
- Our Homeschool Routine
- Why I Stopped Pushing in Our Homeschool
- Core Phase Homeschooling - Ages 0-8yo
- Love of Learning Homeschooling - Ages 8-12yo
- Self-Directed High School Homeschooling - Ages 13-18yo
Thomas Jefferson Education
(TJED, also known as Leadership Education)
TJED is an overall homeschooling philosophy that gets kids (and parents) off the mass education "conveyor belt". Instead of focusing on textbooks, grade levels, worksheets, and busy-work, TJED focuses on giving kids exposure to greatness, teaching kids *how* to think instead of *what* to think, and giving kids "an education to match their mission."
(AND, one of the main principles of the founders of TJED is preparing youth to be leaders and maintain freedoms specifically. Oliver DeMille, co-author of the TJED books, also teaches Blackbelt in Freedom Courses, has written extensively about the constitution and challenges to maintaining freedom, and hosts Freedom Conventions in order to help adults learn how to be more effective at maintaining freedoms and constitutional principles during this time of great upheaval.)
- This is an article that briefly describes the 7 Keys of TJED (and how it differs from mainstream education): https://tjed.org/7-keys/
- There are several TJED books, all authored/co-authored by Oliver DeMille:
- TJED has a homeschool mentoring service to help parents learn how to use this educational system here: Mentoring in the Classics + TJED Implementation
- TJED has an online freedom-based liberal arts mentoring program for high schoolers here: TJED High
- And there is a Facebook group where people can ask questions and find support here (with over 13,000+ members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/49247140417
School Alternatives Coming soon!
Knowing what issues are important to you, helps us shape policy and action to create a better New Mexico. This short survey will identify your interests, as well as what actions you are willing to take that can make a huge difference in improving our state.
*NOTE: Your information will be kept strictly confidential. It will not be shared with other parties.