Faith Leaders Resources
News Affecting Churches
...we do not wage battle according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful
for the destruction of fortresses. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Here is what's happening in New Mexico
There's a lot of movement in the NM Legislature right now, and most of it is not good.
The progressive legislators continue to pass bills that harm the family while good bills like the Parental Bill Of Rights Act are not moving forward. With a week left in the session, we have a lot to do.
Here's how you can help!
Send the links below to your people and encourage them to complete the actions. It only takes a few seconds, but it makes a big impact!
Defend Young Women in Sports (HB 205)
Protect Parental Rights (HB 296)
Prevent the Release of Violent Criminals (SJR 11)
Help out even more by sending them to the BTNM Take Action page where they can choose more legislation to engage with.
4 ways churches can engage in elections
- Vote: It’s our responsibility to be informed about the people who are running to be elected to local government and to vote as God leads.
- Engage: Most of the time, elected officials really want to hear from their constituents. Find the candidates' contact info and call them.
- Serve: We need God-honoring voters and good people willing to serve in the polling places too. Start at your County Clerk's office.
- Pray: Our elected officials need our prayers. Regardless of what they believe, our focus must be on following Christ in all we do and say.
You need to know:
- What's happening in New Mexico.
- How it affects your church and your people.
- What you and your people can do about it.
Seek the well-being of the city to which I have sent you.
Pray for it to the Lord. For in seeking its well-being,
you shall find your own. Jeremiah 29:7
Religious Liberty Attorney to NM Pastors
Support for Pastors Changing Culture
Resources for Pastors
Weekly Prayer: Wednesdays at Noon: Zoom Call Meeting
For NM Pastors, Churches, and the Referendum Project
Resources for Community Action
Religious Liberty Attorney
Legal advice for Pastors in New Mexico.
- Religious Liberty Protection Kit - Printable
- Church Rights: Pacific Justice Institute
- Legal Help: Alliance Defending Freedom
- Community Ideas: Ways to bring faith to your community
- Biblical Citizenship: Training for your church
- Recent News with a Biblical Perspective: BreakPoint
- Church Rights: Pacific Justice Institute
- Traditional Language: Webster's Dictionary Online
Pro-Life and other Issues
- No Reason to Hide by Erwin W. Lutzer
- Letter to the American Church by Eric Metaxes
- The American Story - The Beginnings by David Barton
- Separation of Church & State: What the Founders Meant by David Barton
- Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism's Looming Catastrophe by Voddie Bauchman
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions by Gregory Koukl
- We Will Not Be Silenced: Responding Courageously to Our Culture's Assault on Christianity by Erwin W. Lutzer
"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight." Isaiah 5:25
The Referendum Project for Churches
Right now, churches across New Mexico are working to get enough signatures on the referendum petitions to send these terrible laws to the 2024 ballot for the people to decide.
Laws Harming to Children, Families, and Communities
HB 7 Reproductive & Gender-Affirming Health Care
Affects parental rights, children, God-honoring school staff and teachers, and communities who choose to be abortion free.
HB 207 Extend Human Rights Act
Limits the rights of government contractors including churches that partner with the government to help care for their communities.
SB 397 School-Based Health Centers
Gives all primary, preventative, and mental health care responsibility to the schools, putting the child’s care under government control.
SB 13 Reproductive Health Provider Protections
Shields abortion and transgender service providers from civil, criminal, medical malpractice, or professional conduct censorship even if they damage minors. Makes all electronic forms of pro-life speech illegal.
HB 4 Voting Rights Protections
HB 4 violates our constitutional rights and wrests control from county authorities and gives it to the Secretary of State.
SB 180 Election Changes
Stops the public from accessing election results and voter rolls information. Sends tax information of all voters to the Secretary of State.
Faith Leaders Summit Coming soon!
Knowing what issues are important to you, helps us shape policy and action to create a better New Mexico. This short survey will identify your interests, as well as what actions you are willing to take that can make a huge difference in improving our state.
*NOTE: Your information will be kept strictly confidential. It will not be shared with other parties.