Faith Leaders Resources
News Affecting Churches
Seek the well-being of the city to which I have sent you. Pray for it to the Lord. For in seeking its well-being, you shall find your own. Jeremiah 29:7
4 ways congregations can engage during elections
- Vote: It’s our responsibility to be informed about the people who are running to be elected to local government and to vote as God leads.
- Engage: Most of the time, elected officials really want to hear from their constituents. Find the candidates' contact info and call them.
- Serve: We need God-honoring voters and good people willing to serve in the polling places too. Start at your County Clerk's office.
- Pray: Our elected officials need our prayers. Regardless of what they believe, our focus must be on following Christ in all we do and say.
The Referendum Project for Churches
Right now, churches across the state of New Mexico are working to get enough signatures on the referendum petitions to send these terrible laws to the ballot for the people to decide in 2024.
Update (September 2023): Right now, we are working to audit the signatures to get an accurate count. We need volunteers to help with data entry and checking and as many people out gathering signatures as possible.
Volunteer here or contact us with questions.
Laws Harming to Children, Families, and Communities
HB 7 Reproductive & Gender-Affirming Health Care
Affects parental rights, children, God-honoring school staff and teachers, and communities who choose to be abortion free.
HB 207 Extend Human Rights Act
Limits the rights of government contractors including churches that partner with the government to help care for their communities.
SB 397 School-Based Health Centers
Gives all primary, preventative, and mental health care responsibility to the schools, putting the child’s care under government control.
SB 13 Reproductive Health Provider Protections
Shields abortion and transgender service providers from civil, criminal, medical malpractice, or professional conduct censorship even if they damage minors. Makes all electronic forms of pro-life speech illegal.
HB 4 Voting Rights Protections
HB 4 violates our constitutional rights and wrests control from county authorities and gives it to the Secretary of State.
SB 180 Election Changes
Stops the public from accessing election results and voter rolls information. Sends tax information of all voters to the Secretary of State.
You need to know:
- What's happening in New Mexico.
- How it affects your church and your people.
- What you and your people can do about it.
Religious Liberty Attorney to NM Pastors
Support for Pastors Changing Culture
Resources for Pastors
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage battle according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Flyers to print
- Religious Liberty Protection Kit - Printable
- Church Rights: Pacific Justice Institute
- Legal Help: Alliance Defending Freedom
- Community Ideas: Ways to bring faith to your community
- Biblical Citizenship: Training for your church
- Recent News with a Biblical Perspective: BreakPoint
- Church Rights: Pacific Justice Institute
- Traditional Language: Webster's Dictionary Online
Religious Liberty Attorney
What pastors can say from the pulpit to retain their IRS 501c3 status.
- No Reason to Hide by Erwin W. Lutzer
- Letter to the American Church by Eric Metaxes
- The American Story - The Beginnings by David Barton
- Separation of Church & State: What the Founders Meant by David Barton
- Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism's Looming Catastrophe by Voddie Bauchman
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions by Gregory Koukl
- We Will Not Be Silenced: Responding Courageously to Our Culture's Assault on Christianity by Erwin W. Lutzer
Political parties on the issues
"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight." Isaiah 5:25
Political Party Platform Comparisons
Faith Leaders Summit Coming soon!
Knowing what issues are important to you, helps us shape policy and action to create a better New Mexico. This short survey will identify your interests, as well as what actions you are willing to take that can make a huge difference in improving our state.
*NOTE: Your information will be kept strictly confidential. It will not be shared with other parties.